Regarding the case of Ms. Diana Marcela Díaz Soto, the Office of the Attorney General informs:
1. There is a complaint that was filed at the Office of the Attorney General by Mr. Juan Pablo Bieri, against Ms. Diana Marcela Díaz Soto, for her alleged responsibility in using a matter subject that was under confidentiality (Art. 419 of the Criminal Code), which is investigated by the Office of the Attorney General.
2. The Office of the Attorney General requested the inspection of Foundation for the Freedom of the Press (Fundación para la Libertad de Prensa -FLIP) to obtain information in this regard. However, IT WAS NOT CARRIED OUT, because there was no need since, as stated by the institution in a reply to the prosecutor of the case, there were not records or videos. Therefore, the alleged proceeding on the facilities of FLIP mentioned in the social networks, IS FALSE.
3. According to the evidence and the information legally obtained by the Office of the Attorney General, Ms. Diana Marcela Díaz Soto was a public servant who worked for the system Sistema de Medios Públicos RTVC and she allegedly committed a criminal offense related to the violation of the confidentiality clause signed as a public servant of the State (Art. 419 of the Criminal Code), and that she allegedly used ” information that was provided to her due to her role, for her own benefit and that should remain under confidentiality.”
4. In the development of the process, the accusation was scheduled for November 18, 2020.
5. The Office of the Attorney General respects the freedom of the press and its investigations against this crime have been conclusive. Therefore, the Office of the Attorney General rejects any attempt of pressure or information censorship.
6. The Office of the Attorney General encourages all organizations that monitor press freedom to be prudent and that misinterpretations are not allowed with regard to the investigations that are carried out by the institution, since the principles of impartiality and objectivity rule the criminal proceedings.
The Office of the Attorney General makes this information public for reasons of general interest.