• Other 32 people will be charged with alleged corruption during the emergency caused by Covid -19.
• The Attorney General, Francisco Barbosa Delgado, leads an anti-corruption strategy within the framework of his first 100 days of his management
The anticorruption team integrated by the Office of the Attorney General, the Office of the Comptroller General and the Office of the Inspector General work with determination to guarantee the appropriate and legal destination of resources allocated to the assistance of Colombian citizens during the sanitary emergency caused by Covid-19.
The Office of the Attorney General reviewed more than 3,000 contracts signed since the economic and social emergency was decreed, it carried out 189 investigations and 393 inspections. 264 judicial police orders were also carried out in 32 Departments of the country. Currently, there are 68 investigations open and 15 attested copies were submitted to the Delegate Prosecutors before the Supreme Court of Justice.
As part of this work, the Office of the Attorney General will charge and will request 10 arrest warrants against 10 mayors for multiple crimes, including undue interest in the executions of contracts, execution of contracts without the legal requirements, and various types of embezzlement. The municipal leaders are:
- Armenia (Quindío), José Manuel Ríos Morales.
- Malambo (Atlántico), Rummenigge Monsalve Álvarez.
- Cereté (Córdoba), Luis Antonio Rhenals.
- Socorro (Santander), Claudia Luz Alba Porras Rodríguez.
- Calarcá (Quindío), Luis Alberto Balcero Contreras.
- San Pedro (Valle del Cauca), Jhon Jaime Ospina Loaiza.
- San Antonio (Tolima), Jorge Iván Vásquez Martínez.
- Guaduas (Cundinamarca), Germán Herrera Gómez.
- Palocabildo (Tolima), Nelson Gómez Velásquez.
- Coveñas (Sucre), Rafael Antonio Ospina Toscano.Mayors of Guaduas y Palocabildo were arrested.
Three other mayors will be summoned for questioning:
- Acacías (Meta), Eduardo Cortés Trujillo.
- Girón (Santander), Carlos Alberto Román Ochoa.
- Sincelejo (Sucre), Andrés Eduardo Gómez Martínez.Within the framework of these processes 10 people will be summoned for questioning:
- Chief Legal Advisor in Sincelejo, Kattiuska Margarita Fernández Castillo.
- Contract Supervisor in Sincelejo, Leonardo Beltrán Pinto.
- Contractual Management Technical Director in Sincelejo, Andrés Gutiérrez Ahumada.
- Communications Chief to the Mayor´s Office in Sincelejo, Gustavo Pérez Mier.
- Contract supervisor in Sincelejo, Diomedes de Jesús Guevara Pereira.
- Legal Representative Biel People Publicidad, Hugo José Tabares Sierra.
- Legal Representative Abastos and Fruver El Paraíso, María Eugenia Mercado Pertuz.
- Former Government Secretariat of Acacías (Meta), Bertha Amanda Perilla Villamil.
- Contracting Chief in Acacías (Meta), Óscar Javier Ortiz Arteaga
- Contractor in Acacías (Meta), César Alonso Daza. Likewise, 23 people will be charged and arrest warrants will be requested for contractors, intermediaries and several public servants:
- City councilman in Tuluá (Valle del Cauca), Carlos Arturo Londoño, who was arrested.
- Administrative Director for the Mayor´s Office in Armenia (Quindío), Gabriela Valencia Vásquez.
- Private Secretary to the Mayor´s Office in Pereira (Risaralda), Mónica Patricia Botero Montoya.
- Risk Management Director in Pereira (Risaralda), Alexander López.
- Departmental Education Secretary in Arauca, William Arévalo.
- Advisor on Culture and Turism in Arauca, Omar Alberto Cisneros.
- Contracting Manager in Arauca, Heivind Palomino Gutiérrez.
- Secretary General and for the Government in Palocabildo (Tolima), José Manuel Troncoso.
- Administrative Secretary in Calarcá, José Winser Garzón Tobaria.
- General Secretary and for the Government in San Antonio (Tolima), Luis Enrique Polo Álvarez.
- Legal Representative of foundation Fundación Lirio de los Valles (Funlidelosva) de Malambo (Atlántico), Marla María Macías Beleño.
- Contract Supervisor in Malambo (Atlántico), Doris Monsalve Parra.
- Legal Representative of contracted company, Hernando Pérez Bedoya.
- Contractor in Pereira (Risaralda), Julio César Bustos Villegas.
- Contractor in Pereira (Risaralda), Jhon Jairo Segura Varela.
- Supermarket Manager in Pereira (Risaralda), Efraín Rodríguez Prieto.
- Contractor in Arauca, Jhon Elver Garrido.
- Contractor in Cereté (Córdoba), Luz Fanny Suárez Montoya.
- Contractor in Guaduas (Cundinamarca), Marco Héctor Arias Bobadilla.
- Intermediary in contracts in Guaduas (Cundinamarca), Yasmín Campos.
- Intermediary in contracts in Guaduas (Cundinamarca), Luis Hernández.
- Contractor in San Antonio (Tolima), Carlos Fernando Tovar Perea.
- Contractor in San Antonio (Tolima), Edward Fernando Hernández Oliveros.
Finally, the Unit of Delegate Prosecutors before the Supreme Court summoned 3 governors for questioning:
- San Andrés Islas, Everth Hawkins.
- Arauca, José Facundo Castillo.
- Guaviare, Heydeer Palacio.
It should be noted that this unit is carrying out investigations into 14 governors:
Arauca (three cases), Magdalena (three cases), Cesar (three cases), San Andrés (two cases), Guaviare (two cases), Vichada (two cases ); and Chocó, Valle del Cauca, Tolima, Casanare, Bolívar, Sucre, Amazonas and Vaupés (one case respectively).
Decisions will be made in the next days and will be related to accusations, arrest warrants against Departmental and Municipal governors for criminal actions on corruption.
The Office of the Attorney General makes this information public for reasons of general interest.