Ethical principles of the officer of the Office of the Attorney General are listed in article 3 of Law 489 of 1998 and are provided by the Political Constitution: “Bona Fide, equality, morality, celerity, economy, impartiality, efficiency, efficacy, participation, publicity, responsibility and transparence” and their compliance allows the public officers to comply with the institutional purposes for the benefit of the community.
- Quality: The management of the Office of the Attorney General is inspired by the qualifications of public officers, their work, service, human relationships and processes and procedures.
- Effectiveness: To consolidate, through concrete results, the community’s credibility and confidence in the institution. The efficient and effective use of resources, as well as the attainment of goals, shall be the responsibility and permanent tasks of all public servants.
- Sense of belonging: To have a real sense of body and identify themselves with the task performed and the institution as well.
- Responsibility: The institution’s responsibility facing the Constitution, the society, the country and the international community is the framework of its daily actions.
- Respect: Respect for the Constitution and law, human dignity, rights of the citizens are the rules that govern all officers of the Office of the Attorney General.
- Teamwork: To attain the purposes and common goals defined by the institution through coordination, cooperation and joint work.
- Honesty: In addition to the compliance with and respect for the constitutional and legal provisions, there must be coherence between what one is, what one believes and what one does in the institutional and personal life as well.
- Loyalty: Loyalty and commitment of all public servants to the entity and their purposes are a key factor for the compliance with the mission of the Attorney General and the institutional strengthening.
- Equity: Impartiality in the making of decisions to administer justice; balance in the adoption of administrative decisions, straightness, and kindness in the treatment to internal and external clients.