Lawyer graduated from Universidad Externado de Colombia, master’s and Ph.D. degree attained at the University of Bonn, Germany; and pursued post-doctoral studies at the University of Frankfurt and academic research in Cambridge, England.
For fifteen years he has been researcher and professor of criminal law in undergraduate, graduate and Ph.D. studies at Universidad Externado, and has been advisor for different public and private institutions. Credit has also been given to some of his publications, among which we can highlight two in German.
He structured the vice-ministry of Criminal Policy and Restorative Justice in the Ministry of Justice. He also led some outstanding projects such as “El nuevo estatuto penitenciario y carcelario” (The New Prison and Penitentiary Statutes) and “El nuevo estatuto de drogas” (The New Counter-Narcotics Statute) that shall be submitted to the Congress soon. Furthermore, he represented the government in the Justice and Peace Law and the Legal Framework for Peace which was submitted to the Congress.
- Deputy Assistant Attorney General
- Secretary General
- Director of the National Office of Prosecutors at the Office of the Attorney General
- Director of Technical Corps of Investigations C.T.I.
- National Administrative and Financial Director
- Director of International Affairs
- Coordinator for the Delegate Unit before the Supreme Court of Justice
- Chief of Legal Office
- Chief of Internal Control Office
- Chief of the Planning Office
- Chief of the Informatics Office
- Chief of Personnel
- Chief of Press Office
- Director of the National Institute of Legal Medicine and Forensics Sciences